Monday 27 June 2016

I apologize


Should that be a 'z' or a 's'?.... Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've been posting infrequently for the past weeks, and for that I apologi's'e , I haven't stopped writing. Just been looking for climate appropriate, family appropriate, economy appropriate, friend appropriate..or whatever 'appropriate' posts..
So I sincerely do apologize.

I called the blog my musings, because I didn't want to teach, preach or counsel...I wanted to share WHATEVER goes on in my head...Well, almost all.

So here goes my thoughts concerning yesterday's devotional reading.
I love devotionals, they give me different insights concerning bible passages that left to myself; make little or no meaning. So I have apps for different sites , i even follow a blog called ilovedevotionals by Wendy Van Eyck.

Yesterday's reading was from Ourdailybread.org...1Peter 3:7..."Shocking honesty", and this is what I shared in my journal...See, the app even comes with its personal journal, to jot as you read..lol

Here goes:

Title: My relationship affects my prayer life

I remember when I first saw this verse; I was excited. So God really cared this much about me?...It was one of the turbulent days , and I just couldn't wait to share it with dearest hb, Make me unhappy= pray in vain.lol, especially when you have a hubby that 'likes to skabbash'. I can't remember why, but I didn't share it then.

It came up again in today's devotional reading, My opportunity to rub it in Right? Wrong.
My tab was flat, and so we couldn't read the devotional at morning devotion. But as I went through today's reading later in the day and saw it. I promised myself to have US read it tonight. But that was not to be, as he binged on movies and slept dog tired, and I was writing. So we couldn't ; again.

As I go back to it before bed time, it struck me...that of recent , a lot of my focus at morning devotion was... what God was telling hubby, or someone else. And so I often lost, what HE was telling me.

So tonight, I resign from my self appointed position as post man /message deliverer and I pick up MY own post. I listen to what HE's telling me, and this is it...My relationships (with everyone) affects my prayer life.

"Do everything possible on your part to live in peace with everyone..." Romans 12:18

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Chima...but you didn't answer my question o. A 's' or a'z'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though 'z' is more original as APOLOGY is a Greek verb which should take the -ize suffix, -ise is currently the prefered suffix in modern day English.

    So 'S' it is.....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehen...now I know, thanks for tutoring me. Ònyeweanyi gozie gi

      Delete